Note: If you’re not a technical user, Please contact your host provider to configure the settings for you.
PHP configuration file (php.ini) is a special file which holds the settings when PHP runs. In almost of the servers, we can override the default configuration by creating a php.ini in the root directory (public_html).
- 1.Create an empty file called php.ini in the root directory of your website where WordPress is installed. Note: You can access to website directory thought Cpanel or using FTP softwares. In most of the servers, it’s in the public_html folder.
- 2.Add following codes in the file:memory_limit=128Mpost_max_size=16Mupload_max_filesize=16Mmax_input_vars=10000max_execution_time = 60
- 3.Check your server settings as explained in the previous article to make sure changes are applied. If you see no change, try to rename php.ini file to .user.ini. It’s possible your server does not allow overriding server settings.
Note: To increase the memory limit, you can also add the code below to your WordPress wp-config.php :
If the above method cannot work, you can try to config via .htaccess file.
.htaccess is a configuration file for the web servers running Apache Web Server software. You can also use this file to configure some of the server settings.
To add the settings in the file:
- 1.Open .htaccess file in an editor. You can find the file in the root directory of WordPress installation. Note: You can access to website directory thought Cpanel or using FTP softwares. In most of the servers, it’s in the public_html folder.
- 2.add the code below at the end of the file:php_value memory_limit 128Mphp_value post_max_size 16Mphp_value upload_max_filesize 16Mphp_value max_input_vars 10000php_value max_execution_time = 60
- 3.Check your server settings as explained in the previous article to make sure changes are applied.
If the settings do not apply Please follow the below steps:
- Contact Host Provider: If you can not find the php.ini or .htaccess file or the changes don’t work as expected, It’s best to contact the host provider. They will happy to help you with these issues.
- Contact Support: please contact us via Themeforest Support.
Last modified 7mo ago